Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 12, 2009

147 million orphans.....

The Lord kept nudging me out of bed this morning.....I finally gave in.  There are 147 million orphans in the world......can you even count that high?  The Lord always takes me to Nehemiah when I think of this number.  You see,  Nehemiah was called by the Lord  to rebuild a wall that was so BIG that the thought of it overwhelmed him.  He knew there was NO WAY that he could do it on his own.  He had a choice to make.  He could sit in his place of comfort or answer the Lords calling.  He started calling on person after person to help him.  They each took a brick and laid it side by side, one after the other, and before they knew it, the wall was rebuilt.
We are ALL called to care for the orphans and widows.  All it takes is one brick.  We ALL have a brick, they are different sizes and different colors. What would happen if EVERY believer in Jesus Christ just laid ONE brick?  Our wall would be built and there would be NO orphans!  Because our bricks are many sizes and many colors, our roles in this all look different.  Adoption, (my personal favorite!), sponsorship, (helping to pay for food, medical care, and schooling...Katie's favorite) traveling to see them and help them, medical mission trips.....the list goes on and on.  WHAT DOES YOUR BRICK LOOK LIKE?
We leave in 5 hours to start laying bricks.  All of our bricks look different.   Katie is building her wall daily.  I can't wait to lay down brick after brick this week.  I am going to lay mine right beside Katie's and just watch the wall get bigger and bigger. Anna is going to lay her brick.  Landon is going to lay his brick.  Mallory is going to lay her brick.  Scott is going to lay his brick. Michael is going to lay his brick. Grace is going to lay her brick. and Mike will lay his brick........the thought of it just makes my heart sing!
You say:"I'm too tired "  God says: I will give you rest (Matt. 11:28-30)
You say: "It's impossible" God says:  ALL things are possible  (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I can't go on"  God says:  My grace is sufficient (1 Corinthians 12;9 and Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"  God says:  I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I can't do it"  God says: You can do all things through me (Phillipians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able"  God says: I AM able (2 Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "I can't manage"  God says: I will supply all your needs (Phillipians 4:19)
You say:  "I'm afraid"  God says:  i have not given you the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)
You say:  "I can't afford it" ( God laughs at this one) and says:  I will supply all you needs (Phillipians 4:19)
Seriously Lord?  Seriously?   147 million of them?  PLEASE forgive us!
What is your excuse?



9 comments:

amy said...

Hey sweet friend...so excited for you and your team as you travel to see Katie. We are covering you in prayer and can't wait to see God's plan unfold! Thank you for sharing your heart and listening to the nudgings of our amazing God. You are a encouragement to me.
Love Amy

Gwen Oatsvall said...

I will be laying my brick here while you are gone ... save me a place on that wall in Uganda because I will be laying a few bricks there one day soon also ... I pray that God changes you all so much while you are there that you come home and start an infectious fire for the people in Williamson County .. That we begin to build a wall here that can be seen as a CITY ON HILL ... I love you all ...

My flesh is sad today, but my spirit is singing with the Angels !! GETTERDONE SISTER!

Tracy said...

what a privilege it is to be a brick layer! so excited for you all and praying for an incredibly fruitful trip for each of you! give katie lots of kisses from all of us! :))

Button Family said...

WE ARE SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! Wishing you Godspeed, knowing that He has something so wonderful for YOU this trip... something very different than you have planned! We are praying for YOU!

The Button Family

Renee said...

Love you sister! I will be holding you in my prayers as you are there! Give lots of hugs and squeezes to all those beautiful babies there, especially that one named Katie! :) I loved this post...very inspiring! Have SO SO SO much fun!!!
Renee and all the Manuel's~

Diane said...

Amen!!!!!! Great post, Great Words!!!! There is no disputing that what comes directly from God!!!

Wow, amazing post!!! Thank you for helping to lift up the Wall!!!!

Praying on

Ali Tanner said...

You know this is my FAVORITE thing to hear you speak about. I can hear it in my ears right now. My eyes have envisioned you all there so so so many times over the last hours of today. The kids and I talked today and they are GREAT. I have them all huddled up in my arms like I do even when you are here. God is OVER IT ALL!!! I have a feeling that as soon as that plane took off your peace flooded you. We miss you, Gwen and I will talk about it all day tomorrow. love you more and more and more and more.....

will said...

My prayers are with all of you as you do some amazing work there in Uganda...cannot wait to hear about it all.

Erica said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see what God is going to do in each of you this week.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile