Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 22, 2009

Angels Among Us


The one phrase that I heard more than any other while in Africa was "thonk you fa suving, Auntie" (thank you for serving auntie).  In the morning I was greeted by those around me bowing to their knees and holding their hands out to touch my hands.  They are SO grateful.  
Kristene is Katie's 19 year old helper/friend/sister/ANGEL sent straight from above.  She grew up in Northern Uganda and fled to Jinja because of the war.  Every inch of her being is CONTINUALLY serving.  She has experienced more in her 19 years than we will in a lifetime and LOVES the Lord with All of her heart and RADIATES his presence in her heart.  Every time that I looked her in the eyes I thought of the scripture "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."  Hebrews 13:2  I truly believe that the Lord sent Kristene to Katie for the job that is set before her, and on a daily basis Katie experiences living with an angel on earth.

0 comments:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile