Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 19, 2009

Full Circle

Sitting on the couch, drinking coffee (which I am now addicted), I think about the roller coaster week that I have partaken in. There have been many highs, mixed with tragic lows that have rocked me to the core. Seeing children with seemingly no purpose or hope, turn into kids full of love and excitement is breathtaking. Holding and loving boys that have never had a male role model, or if they do a negative at that, makes me hopeful of a positive impact. 

One of the more memorable events that has taken place this week has been visits to area schools for worship and bible study. We have performed skits in which by the climax, which consisted of a battle between Scott and I, upwards of 200 or 300 kids standing on their feet dying of laughter. During these times, the children would worship God with all the hearts longing for Jesus, singing to the top of their voices.

Another day we took a journey into "the bush." This was unlike anything that I have ever seen. The video I took is the only thing that could do the scenery justice. In this, we visited a remote village that even had its own witch doctor. (TIA) 

Last night, we went to Bunjingi (spelling?) falls. These are some of the first rapids of the Nile River. It was surreal. The power of the rapids were breathtaking. We had a picnic as a family, all 24 of us. Watching the sunset over the Nile is a sight that will remain with me forever. 

Lastly, this week as broken many stereotypes that I had made for Africa. It is amazing to see the impact that Katie and Amazima is having on the kingdom. However, in the midst of that hope and improvement, there is still much work to do. It makes you question your life and the things that you put so much emphasis on, that, at the end of the day, is futile.

We fly out of Entebbe tonight around 11.  Your thoughts and prayers this week are appreciated and were felt. 

Landon

ps. MORROW- the boys finished strong this week. We all picked it up a little bit after your inspiring post. See you on Monday!

2 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

landon, i can't imagine the impact this trip has had on you and how it will cause you to become an even stronger warrior for Christ ... i can't wait to hear stories from your perspective and see you change your school ...

thanks so much for sharing !!!

Renee said...

Landon, thank you for sharing your heart with us. Mine has certainly been touched as I read your words. Welcome home-I pray for all of you as you re-enter! Blessings!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile