Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 19, 2011

pics from our trip





Our boat ride on Lake Victoria was a lot of fun...the breeze felt AMAZING, and it was a relaxing time that was much needed.



Sarah Crane (in the red-sleeved 147 million orphans shirt) helped my mom and Gwen with 147. She has such a servant's heart and love for orphans that she has committed the next year of her life to serving in Uganda. It was so neat to see her at Amani the day that we visited....LOVE her.


On the day that we went into the Massese village to purchase beads for 147 Million Orphans, there were several people who needed medical attention, so Katie put on her gloves and went to work. This little angel had pneumonia and was having trouble breathing. There were several children that had such bad ear infections when Katie would swab their ears, big clumps of grey/green mucus stuff would come out on the q-tip she was using.




Some company/factory dumps their ashes all around this village, and this man happened to step in them while they were still hot...it hurt me just looking at the poor guy...




For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. Hebrews 3:4






Here are a few pictures of us building Agnes's brothers home. I was bound and determined to carry those big jugs of water down the hill to mix the cement....to think that 3 and 4 year olds carry them for miles is unimaginable to me (by the time that I reached the top of the hill I was gasping for air and woke up sore the next day!)



Much more to come the next few days.... :-)


5 comments:

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I N C R E D I B L E !!!

Anonymous said...

so glad y'all were able to go and get to go! in June.

just read all the posts and see that not only were y'all a blessing to them, but they were a blessing to you. funny how that works. :o)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

girl ... you have a gift for sharing your heart !!! the pictures are wonderful and say so much !!!

love ya

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile