Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, November 12, 2009

WE HAVE OUR VISA!
















I have it! I have it in my bag! Josie Love has an OFFICIAL visa! Katie, Patricia, JLovie and I woke up early this morning, headed to Kampala, grabbed the visa and headed home! My easiest trip in Africa yet. We have been having so much fun! I cannot wait for Josie Love to get home and play with Grace, Michael, Annabelle, MillerAnne, Joshua, and Caleb. You guys should see her with Katie's girls....she is SO BIG! I brought a stroller for her and she (thinks) that she is TOO BIG, she pushes Patricia in it. I think that I am just going to leave it here with Katie, we will NEVER get through the airports with her pushing it around everywhere.





On a side note, I did not sleep well last night. I kept hearing something in my room. At one point I heard the chair scoot over abit and I said "katie, do you need something?" .... no answer . then I heard feet galloping down the hall...yep! you got it! A RAT! I laid in bed a little frantic. I do not mind mice and those of you that know me, KNOW that I am VERY outdoorsy.I LOVE to camp, I have Mike's trophies (dead animals) hanging all over my walls, I even killed a rattlesnake with an axe a few years back...why does this RAT make me panic....just a little? So, I say to Katie when we were drinking our coffee this am...."I think I might have heard a rat last night" and she replies " Yea probably, I I saw one the other day, I am having Tyler bring over a trap tomorrow".....YIKES! This afternoon I said to Christene " I think that I might have heard a rat last night" and she replies "Yes, auntie I heard it running down the hall, it has a hole in your bathroom" WHAT?!?!?!??!?! In MY BATHROOM? I have decided that I am sleeping with Katie tonight. At least until we get a trap going in here. If it can SCOOT THE CHAIR IN MY ROOM and I can hear it GALLOP down the hall (I thought Katie's dog had somehow gotten inside) it is not a tiny little rat huh?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

We have a film crew coming tomorrow to film Katie feeding the Karamajongs. They're doing a documentary on people in Africa caring for "the least of these". I'll try to take a lot of fun pics for ya'll!

Keep prayin...I still have a LONG flight ahead of me!





21 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh YAY! How amazing to witness God's provision and His hand going before you, preparing a wonderful visa for your baby girl! I will continue to pray for you as your trip continues. I can't wait to see those pictures of the filming!
Blessings!
RaVae (one of those lurkers you have never met lol)

Beautiful Mess said...

I have been following your story since before you went to visit Katie for the mission trip--it is so beautiful to see the hand of God!

I have spent the morning homeschooling my son and bringing him up to date on your story--we are reading Red Letters by Tom Davis and your story falls in so beautifully!

Thank you sweet sister for your example! God bless you!

Jen

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am laughing so hard picturing you and the "RAT"!! I am praying friend....love you!

Erica said...

HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!! God is SO SO good!!! Cracking up about the rat! I would have been on the roof! Praying you all home safely!

Unknown said...

God is not just good he is GREAT!!!! I am so happy for your family!!!!

Anonymous said...

When we spent the night in the bush in Madagascar I could SEE bed bugs on the beds the villagers had prepared for us. Needless to say I didn't get a wink of sleep that night as I sat up in a chair scratching and swatting every imagined and real bug that landed on me!

So glad everything is going smoothly with paper work etc. You are being lifted up by your brothers and sisters here in Franklin! Love, Julie Johnson

Unknown said...

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OH sister I am so so thankful! Did you get my pics on fb this morning? hope so. talking to you last night made waiting until Monday a little bit more doable. love you more and more

Renee said...

Ok...read your post AFTER we talked. EEEEKKKKKK on the rat, for cryin' out loud!! And Dana and I were freaking over a little gecko! Can't believe how much Josie Love has changed, so thrilling! Can't wait to see her sweet face. Love to you all!! I have to confess I'm laughing with your description of a rat GALLOPING. hilarious. Love you!

mallory said...

praising God that the trip to get the visa was easy! she looks so cute when she is looking at the pictures and she already looks bigger!
Love you!
Mallory

Mandy Harvey said...

Hallelujah, the visa was easy! Hope for me :-)! We will keep praying and packing over here! Can't wait to see you, along with everybody else that is coming to Thanksgiving this year....the list keeps growing! Love you!

Renee Click said...

Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!! I am so glad things have been smooth and easy! Kind of glad I am missing out on the RAT! LOL!!! Take care and take lots of pics in the village!
Love ya,
Renee

michelle smalling said...

I am laughing at you!!!! Cannot wait to meet Josie and kiss that beautiful face! Much love, Michelle

Connie said...

I laughed when I read about your rat. You need to ask Curry about it if you see her. He lived there when she was there in April. Curry and Jennifer found its hole in the bathroom and blocked it temporarily. I think they even saw it one night. I think they named it too. We thought the first day she was home maybe he had hitched a ride in her suitcase. Guess we were wrong!!! Can't wait to meet sweet Josie.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - God is so good!! Glad you are there and things are going well. Josie looks great!! Praying for continued blessings on your trip and a smooth ride back home. I know you will be so happy to get her home. Really though, could have done without the rat story - ugh!! Tell Katie we can bring some D-con if she needs it..lol. Tabby

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Praise the LORD! He is good. His mercy endures forever. I can't wait to see pictures of Josie Love with her brothers and sisters. Look how much she has blossomed since we last saw photos of her. We will certainly pray for you on that flight.....God will see you through, as he has time and time again for adoptive parents.
Blessings from south Georgia,
Robbie

Melissa said...

I am cracking up! I would not be cool with a rat galloping down the hall, but that's Uganda for ya!

Praying for a safe trip back I'm so happy you have jLovie (love the new nickname) in your arms forever, WITH a VISA! God is GOOD!

~Melissa

Over-Caffeinated said...

Sooooooooo can't wait to put my hands on that love! Can't wait to see photos on the blog of her with her sibs. And can't wait for her to join us for a "work day" with some lean cuisine! :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, i am just going to say it ... WHATEVER ... you know I am so jealous here, but I do hope you get the RAT before I come because I don't suffocate and kill animals like someone I know ... hee hee ... love ya bunches and missing you terrible ... tell Josie her Auntie GiGi is waiting for lots of kisses or slaps in the face ... I AM SO NOT PICKY ...

Unknown said...

What wonderful news! I am very excited for you. I have been following your story for quite some time now and couldn't be happier for you. I am wondering though is Josie Loves eye problem congenital ptosis? My daughter, who i adopted domestically has that in one of her eyes, it seems to be a very common problem. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our trips are made easy by the hard work and sacrifice of others. I think your burden was lightened immensly by a very hard worker. Do we remember these people in the way God would want us to?

Sunny said...

I just can not get enough of those pictures of Josie!!! She is so incredibly precious and wonderful reading her little picture album book!!! I could gobble her up!!!
I can not wait for you to BOTH get HOME!!!
Love you!
Sunny

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile