Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 21, 2009

LIVING IN FREEDOM


How about these fancy turkey cookies! My sweet friend Julie brought these for Josie's first Thanksgiving at home!



I just had to put a spoon beside this doughnut for you to understand the scale. My friend Rachel brought this GIGANTIC snack for us...does this ONLY happen in the South?



This week has been so much more than I could asked for. Our flights went well. Josie is sleeping all night AND napping at the same time as Caleb and Joshua. She is All smiles and calls each of her siblings by name. (or should I say HOLLERS for them from one room to the next) We have laughed at her continuously. She has such a sarcastic sense of humor. She keeps calling Mike "Uncle" just so that he will correct her. She cuts her eyes over at him and just giggles and giggles. She thinks that my tub is a swimming pool. She is learning ALL about Thanksgiving (check out the cookies that were brought to her by my sweet friend Julie), She LOVES being outside with Caleb, MillerAnne, Annabelle, and Joshua. She is taking more and more steps. She favors pediasure, strawberry yogurt, and chewy chocolate chip granola bars. AND MOST OF ALL, RIDING ON DADDY's FOUR-WHEELER.

All of these things are brought to the forefront of my mind constantly. I really cannot believe the "sweet" moments that the Lord has put before me to experience through this little life. As much as I have felt the Lord's presence CONSISTENTLY on this journey with Josie, if I am not careful, the enemy tries to creep in and steal my joy.

Jesus Calling:
Expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. When you became a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.
Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. This awareness of your inadequacy is not something that you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you-the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! Allow Me to fight for you. Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence.

I feel as though the Lord has given me baby steps to lead up to now. When we adopted transracially/domestically He gave me an extra dose of grace DAILY to deal with some of the opinions that I encountered. And with Josie there is a whole new list of things that I am dealing with. So far, I do not have as much grace, my mama bear claws are at the end of my fingertips just waiting to pop out. The other day, I found myself standing over my printer anxiously awaiting the info that I googled on HIV so that I could hand it to people as they walk through my front door. In the midst of the paper coming through I hit the "cancel" button and decided that at this moment it is probably best to turn it over to the Lord. So, that is what I am going to do. I am going to DWELL on the progress that Josie is making and how well she id doing emotionally. And most of all, I am going to rest in the shadow of His Almighty Presence.

23 comments:

Kendra said...

I love reading your post and I'm soo anxious to keep up on all of your "happenings" with Josie Love at home. I have become your newest "stalker"! :0) Your family is precious and you are such an inspiration to me. Tomorrow my husband and I will finally sit down and make the final decision about which country in Africa we will adopt from. I am so very anxious as I've been waiting for years to bring our sweet baby girl home--mama to three boys.

Peace to you-
Kendra

Mandi said...

Girl, I don't know you, but I love you. The Holy Spirit is speaking right through you. And that's what I love, TRUTH, another sister expressing so clearly what Jesus has been teaching you, lessons that have been repeated in my life in smaller ways. Each revelation of HIS word, sifting me. Lessons that grow stronger through the words of Katie, Gwen, you, and others. I can't lose (don't want to) the grin from ear to ear, the joy from my head to my toes that I feel seeing these pics of Josie at home with her family, and hearing of God's blessings. Thank you, Thank you for sharing your life in this blog. We are still pursuing another way to adopt from Uganda and will officially start our fund at Christmas. Love in Christ,
Mandi

Miss Janet said...

This post brought a smile to my face and to my husband as I showed him the photos.

You just keep trusting Jesus, girl!

Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

You don't know me, but I just wanted to say...You just cling to what you KNOW, the truths that God has placed in your heart and the words you have heard from HIM...you and your sweet family are going to be just fine. You are being lifted up by many:) Jennifer www.oursweetleap.blogspot.com

Kristi J said...

awesome post and wonderful pics...LOVE everything you had to say...That baby girl was meant to be yours and there is nothing that anyone can say that can take that away from you...She is perfect!!! KJ

Jodi Widhalm said...

You don't know me, either, but I've been anxiously awaiting each post to see that Josie arrived home safely! She is beautiful and it is such a blessing to see her smiling from ear to ear! My husband and I are praying for Josie and your family as we are also seeking God's will for our own family regarding adoption and when/where to begin.
Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!
Jodi

Andrea Young said...

And that being said...I could just gobble you AND Josie Love right up!!! I am loving these updates on Josie Love!!!! Please keep us updated on the little things as well as the big things! What joy flows out of your words...and what a BLESSING you and JL are to one another...but I can clearly see that she is so much more of a blessing than you ever imagined possible! HUGS to Josie Love and your family!!!

Shonni said...

It is so precious to see that little one home, safe, happy, loved and PROTECTED! by the LORD and her family!

Unknown said...

Suzanne,

My smile is matching the size of that donut! Seriously this post just brought me so much joy!

I love seeing all the color of the world inside our home. I love that our children think it is normal to see color! I love that they think everyone with the issue is odd and not them. Because they are told and believe God loves the little children - all the colors of the world - red and yellow, black and white - they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves them all!

So that is what I tell myself and pray that by His grace I will have the right words on the days I meet those who don't get it.

God will use you Suzanne - love them to Him by showing them His bounty of grace and He will speak all the words through you!

Love and hugs!
Jill

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Totally hard when you are the mama!!! You want so desperately for others to know exactly what you think......
Just sooo happy that everything is going well for you all!!!! Oh praise Jesus!!! So excited and thrilled, and busting out - one less orphan!!! One more claimed and she just looks sooo HAPPY!!!

Anonymous said...

HALELUJAH! There's nothing like seeing a little naked Mayernick baby in the bathtub to warm my heart! Josie's smile is soooo contagious, Justin and I feel like we can hear her giggling through our computer.

Josie Love we cannot WAIT to meet you!! Have a beautiful blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Meg & Justin

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL and PRESCIOUS!!!

Love ya'll!!!
see ya for Thanksgiving!!!

Abbie

Anonymous said...

i think i spelled precious wrong...sorry haha

Abbie

Mozi Esme said...

I am just LOVING the smiles!

Mommy's Journeys said...

I don't know you personally either, but your post seems to have brought many of us "lurkers" out to say CONGRATS on bringing your newest angel home. How exciting for you all!
I'm in the process of adopting my 3rd little girlie from Guatemala. Josie Love reminds me so much of her! She has extremely poor vision, learned to walk at age 3 1/2 years, and is very behind developmentally. I KNOW, however, that God's plan is for us to be her family. I know it beyond a shadow of a doubt, just as Josie Love is meant to be in your family. I'm ready for my little one to be home--NOW!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Especially like the one of everyone on the 4 wheeler. She looks like she's ready to take off! We were so excited to see JL at home the other night and Brooke said "I can't wait to play with Josie when she doesn't have the chicken coops any more". Love what comes out of these 3 year old mouths!

Love you all and so blessed to be walking with your family as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Julie J

Janel said...

Beautiful post. I am printing the Jesus Calling part off so that I can re-read it when I need those words freshly on my mind, which is really every day! I so appreciate your honesty...it's really drawn me to your blog and keeps me coming back. The smiles on Josie's face are priceless! Loved the pictures!

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog about 6 weeks ago and have loved reading of your journey with Josie Love. What a precious blessing she is! I am SO thrilled that you and your family have JL in your arms for this holiday season. The Lord really does bless us in His perfect timing. And He loves us and wants the best for us.

I do hate that there are challenges along the way and those that try to steal our joy, but praise the Lord that He is good. And that HUGE smile that you get from Josie Love is enough. His love IS enough.

I'll be praying for you as you continue to introduce JL to your friends and family. Happy, happy, merry merry!!

The Ferrill's said...

We are gathered around the computer oohing and ahhing over sweet Josie Love! Oh my goodness, the cuteness is overwhelming!
I will be praying for you, Suzanne as you continue this journey of faith. You inspire the rest of us to attempt the impossible, climb that tough mountain, and lean on Jesus all the way.
And....I got that devotion "Jesus Calling" this weekend! LOVE IT!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

The enemy does indeed try to steal our joy, doesn't he? I have that fight, too, adopting Ellie, with spina bifida. But, the grace of our LORD is sufficient, and I pray that your days are filled with grace, mercy, and joy.
May His glory be manifest!
Robbie

Anonymous said...

Those photos were precious! Have a fantastic thanksgiving with your family.

Amy said...

Precious, Precious baby girl!!! Praying for your family- it fills my heart with joy that you are all together this Thanksgiving! Amy

Candy Duell said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your family. Enjoy the day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile