Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011

time away...





all of the siblings....

I sat on the couch yesterday and counted the places that we have stayed the past two weeks and we have been in 5 hotel/condos in two weeks. NO WONDER my body is sore and I am tired! Entirely too much moving around for a family of 9.

While the last week was exhausting, it was full of purpose. Our boys made it to the national tournament for the second year in a row. While they didn't win, we came in second, which is a HUGE success. When Gwen and I started 147 million orphans, Michael and Jeremiah decided that they wanted to do their part. They named their team Team 147, Gwen's husband (Scott) is their coach, and while traveling and playing ball, they brought orphan awareness NATIONWIDE. How about that for two 12 year olds? Scott has done a fabulous job of pointing them to Christ, teaching them how to play the game, and serve others. The past few years have truly been a blessing.

As the week passed, we gave MANY of our business cards out. People asked the question "what is Team 147?" "what does 147 mean?" we had discussion after discussion about the orphan crisis. During half time Josie would dance for everyone. All of the families with our team would just cheer and cheer. I had several people ask me what her story was. They could tell that it was more that just a typical child dancing...because of the smiles that spread across the faces of her friends. As I shared, tears were shed. One of our opposing teams is going home to fundraise for 147...how fun is that?

In 1 Corinthians the bible says: So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God....who says you cant use basketball?:)

We packed everything up and headed to Orange Beach to celebrate the fourth with my husbands family. I brought Jeremiah with us (Gwen's oldest) and Anna Bliss ( my angel this summer...helped while I was in Uganda and now the beach..the patience of an angel...SERIOUSLY) We spent the day on the beach yesterday, littles are up, eating breakfast at my in-laws with Mike...and I headed down to take a run. It's gonna be a good week!




here is a lil song from my early riser....




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you need a rest from your travels! Love the little video clip! :)

Unknown said...

Love that your kids are spreading the message. Love Josie's song, just beautiful.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile