Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011

crazy dinner time

I KNOW that this happens to many of you out in blogger land. There are days when I want to cry when this is happening. There are days that I cannot help but LAUGH OUT LOUD that THIS is what is going on in my kitchen as I try to feed my brood of 9. There are times when I say to myself " SURELY this is not really my life...how did this happen?!?!"
As many of you know, my son Michael and Gwen's son Jeremiah play basketball on Team 147. It has been so neat to watch these young boys spread orphan awareness as they travel and play ball. We will be loading on to a big coach bus to travel to New Orleans on Friday for a tourney. During the "planning phase" Gwen and I agreed to it, and now we are doubting ourselves!! Their teammates and their families have NO IDEA what they have gotten themselves into! It will be a CRAZY trip for them huh? Gwen says that as she is boarding with all of her kids she is going to put out the disclaimer that we voted "no" when they all voted "yes" to riding together!! We will return LATE Sunday. I will have 3 days to pack and prepare for our trip to Uganda to see Katie. We fly out next Thursday morning. I AM SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!! Gwen and I have never traveled to Africa together, we have a LOT to get done while we are there. We will be blogging the whole time. Grace is going with us...can you imagine traveling with Lucy and Ethel? that is what her trip is going to be like. She never lacks for laughter when she is with Gwen and I!! I would really appreciate your prayers for preparation. When I start to think of all that needs to be done, and I will be gone for 3 days in between I start to gasp for air. OH WELL...





8 comments:

Carrie Chlebanowski said...

ok, so I am watching with my middle son, who is 8 and he leans over and he asks, "ahh.. did they adopt?" I answered, "mmhmm!"
his response? "see, they are living so happily. We will be like that too when we adopt."

Be. Still. My. Heart.

We are waiting to have our homestudy accepted to be considered for a sibling group of 4 from our state foster care. So, I may need to remind him of this when he has 6 siblings driving him crazy! LOL
God bless you all- and safe travels! We will be seeing Katie again in late July on our VO trip- can't wait!

Kim said...

hehe, that made me laugh!!

WOW, that is exciting!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Heart n Soul said...

How exciting for you. I was in Uganda in December volunteering in a babies home, so look forward to reading about your adventures. So nice to meet yo via the blogosphere.

RaVae Erickson said...

You can do it Suz!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW- that is a lot!!!! BUT sooo glad that you will be your usual hair on fire going a 100 miles per hour :) PRAYING for you in all the preparations that have to be made!!!! SOOO EXCITED you both get to go to Africa together!!!!! THAT IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAYING FOR YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne Dye said...

That is so much like our dinner time! Love is chaotic!!! I'll be praying for you through your busy time! You inspire me to be a better me, thank you!

The Moody's said...

How many times can those precious babies run around that kitchen? :) That is exactly what my house feels like and I'm about to add two more.

Anonymous said...

Give love to Katie, prayers for you all and safe travels on both trips.
Delisa

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile