Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Falling Apart...

Why is it that no matter how strong our spiritual walk, and how much we feel the presence of Christ daily, we STILL doubt that HE is with us sometimes? There are times during the day (typically from 4:30-6pm) that I think "HELLO......I NEED SOME BACKUP HERE!!" HE tells us that not only is with us in spirit, but he came to earth via a VIRGIN woman so that we will know WITHOUT DOUBT that HE lived and IS still alive in us.
We have a annual Christmas ritual of making a gingerbread house. (I buy the kit, sorry to disappoint those of you who make it homemade and roll it all out....) This year I also got a gingerbread choo choo train since my brood has grown, and I knew the boys would really "dig"it. My kids LOVE it! This year my #8 kiddo was here also. We joke all of the time about Mallory (who lives around the corner) being a part of our family. She just blends right in , and is such a sweet, sweet blessing to us all. They all worked and worked to make the house and choo choo beautiful. At first they had to have patience in waiting for the icing to dry so that it would all hold together. Then came the details...all of the things on the outside that make it beautiful. The whole time they worked together and it SLOWLY came together. We took pics the whole time and were pleased with the finished project. The older ones had to remember that 3 preschoolers helped construct it, therefore, it did not look perfect in the end. (ha) We took pics of the finished project and we felt asthough we had made a HUGE accomplishment. We were all snuggled in the great room watching "grandma got run over by a reindeer" when we realized that both of our masterpieces had collapsed!
I couldn't help but think about our lives as believers. Isn't that just how it happens? We spend time with Christ. We depend on HIM to help us through each day. THEN, we surround ourselves with other believers, go to bible studies...ya know, the finishing touches to ADD to our walk with HIM, and BAM!#?&%@# something comes along, and makes it feel as though we are back to square one. How defeating. How exhausting. I cannot imagine going through life all of the time, being on the "roller coaster" of life without hope in Christ. HE is the one thing that makes me want to stay steadfast.
Christ tells us to nurture our trust in HIM as Saviour, Lord, and Friend. He has held NOTHING back in HIS provision for us. HE has even designed us to live WITHIN us. He promises that if we will rejoice in all that HE has done for us, HIS light will shine through us into the world.
That is my prayer...that HIS light will shine through me DAILY...even from 4:30-6pm in the afternoons when I am at my weakest.










12 comments:

Jim and April said...

these pictures are precious! Thanks for sharing your heart in this post! btw...LOVE your new header picture above...such beautiful children!

Candice Pair said...

Thank you for the post...I really needed it this morning! Im having one of those days myself! The pictures are precious...every time I see pics of your beautiful family, it makes me want to have a house full myself....now if I can only convince my husband of the same thing!! Merry Christmas to you and your precious family!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new header photo! PRECIOUS!

Look what GOD has done! BEAUTY from ashes and miracles!

Oh Suzanne - I understand your heart so well! Praying over your family and for God to renew your strength in Him each day to soar on eagles wings!

Praising God for what you have allowed Him to do in and through you this year!

praising God for the voice you and Gwen are for the voiceless!

Merry Christmas to your precious God filled family!

Love,
Jill

Mary Ellen said...

Wonderful post and such precious pictures. Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Merry Christmas! Love all the pics.
Blessings,
Amy

Teri Driver said...

Suzanne, love the new pictures. Your oldest looks so much like Dana. Do you see that, too? Praying for Josie to get well soon. We also made a Gingerbread house last night. A first for the Driver girls, but we had such a good time. I am trying so hard to remove all the material clutter that surrounds us this time of year and keep the focus on family. have a wonderful, spirit filled Christmas!

Oh yeah, I noticed you posted this at 4:50 am. Girl, get some sleep!!!!

Victoria Searer said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Thank you for your post, it really helped me right now. You have a way of posting things right when I need them :) I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! Love y'all!

~Your Texas Cousins - Victoria, Nate, Caro, & Rowdy

Abbie and Kendall said...

Sooo fun! it's always great to do something messy and fun together! especially a yummy gingerbread house! Ya'll look wonderful in your 147 gear! absolutely fabulous!

much Love,

Abbie

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

My life right now is that broken gingerbread house.....Thank God for his hope, because right now that is the only thing getting me through....

beth said...

Suzanne-- Thanks for the inspiring words.. you are so right...I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

The photos are so sweet. Hope you guys have a great Christmas. Praying for your family.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Your faith and family are an inspiration. Oh, how the enemy seeks to steal and destroy our peace and joy.
Thank you for keeping it real, for allowing us to see your heart, for sharing the joys and the trials.
Merry Christmas! and many more prayers!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile