Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012

warfare in my life

 Life at home with my kiddos this summer has been HARD.  DEFEATING,  EXHAUSTING, and just downright  DIFFICULT. My kids have fought more than ever before.  I have been waking up each morning and JUST SURVIVING.  Because I have been so focused on just making it through each day, I haven't stopped to think and RECOGNIZE what is really going on. It has been warfare at it's finest.  God is doing AMAZING things in Haiti and I leave tomorrow for Uganda.  I KNOW this is satan trying to defeat me, but BOY, I am sick of it.
  My 16 year old, Grace, is in Uganda right now with a group from school.  I am going to meet her at the end of her trip and we will stay for another nine days in Jinja with Katie.  The group that is going with me is a group of moms and daughters.  God solely orchestrated this group (because it is somewhat random) and I know HE is going lead it.   My sister, Susan, (Landon's mom) has never been to Africa.  I am taking her and my niece, Abbie ( who belongs to my other sister, Dana).  Landon is going to leave the place where he is serving for the summer meet us over there....can't wait to see his sweet face:)  Abbie, has a HUGE heart for people.  She is one of the most solid 16 year olds I have EVER met.  I cannot wait to watch how God is going to open her heart to what HE has for her life.  She has walked through all of our adoption journeys alongside Grace (they are 5 months apart) and so she TOTALLY gets the orphan crisis. There are two more moms and their daughters (Renee and Amy Manuel and Julie and Abby Cook) And sweet Kate Farley, who shares a heart with Grace for Africa will be with us.  Her mom was planning to come with us, but has to stay home due to family conflicts:(   I know the Lord has a SPECIAL trip planned and hearts are going to be MOVED in a mighty way.   I am excited to see Anna Bliss and Katie.  I can't wait to kiss on all of Katie's girls faces...walk the red dirt roads, and feel HIS presence.   Please be praying for our trip..for safety/my SUPERSTAR hubby that will be here with my kiddos:)   Anna Mitchell and Stephanie Todd..my rockstar babysitters!

Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustardseed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  


I  am not sure why I have to be reminded OVER and OVER again of this truth.  I am clinging to this verse.  a mustard seed is LITERALLY as small as the head of a stick pin.  THAT MUCH FAITH...that is ALL that I have to hold in my heart for the rest of the summer.  HE will do the rest.  





2 comments:

Karen Twombly said...

I am praying for you today! I know you don't know me but I wanted to share Mark 9:14-29 with you. Talk about spiritual warfare!! This man's child was possessed with an evil spirit!! His dad KNEW Jesus was the one to deliver. He said, "I believe! Help me in my unbelief!"
My husband leaves July 3rd to start our foster care and then adoption in Nicaragua of a sibling group of 4. I will follow in August with 2 of our 3 teens (one is in college) because our paperwork isn't done and God moved this so fast our house isn't ready as we'll be there for 3-6 mos before we can bring our kids home.
So many details need to come together and I KNOW GOD'S GOT THIS...yet I stress anyway? SO I relate to this dad! "Lord I believe! Help me in my unbelief!"
I've read your blog for quite some time...and I am praying for you!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying as God moves in HUGE ways!!!! So excited for what HE is doing. It is sooo true.....spiritual attacks even when we know about them can sneak up on you!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile