Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, June 2, 2012

never underestimate your walk...

if there is anything that i have learned over the past few years, is that people are ALWAYS watching!  sometimes it is a blessing, sometime it is TOTALLY a curse.  (having  preschoolers for the past 16 years, i think it is actually more a curse)
I talk about the "next generation" a LOT.  After all, they are the ones that will carry our torch. (and lately, i am feeling old, like I definitely need help carrying my torch)

My nephew Landon, is just like me.  I have seen myself in him since he was just a little tot. He was a rebellious little stinker in high school, and I watched his life be completely transformed after ONE trip to Uganda his junior year.  He is now a senior at UT, and is spending the summer in Uganda, serving at a school.  He is blogging his trip if you would like to follow: lettersfromlando.blogspot.com.  It makes my heart SO full to see him give his life away each and every day.  He has a contagious fire lit in him, that burns fiercely for Christ.

Anna Bliss Eberle, is an angel from above.  The past five years, she has loved my children SO well.  She has taken trips with us.  She has cared for my kiddos while I have traveled.  She can "get it done" if anyone can!  She has taken mission trips through high school to Belize, and traveled  to Uganda with Gwen to bring home Joseph and Daisy.  She is now in Uganda serving this summer.  you can follow her journey:
www.lovewithabandonment.wordpress.com

Psalm 78:5-8
He planted a witness in Jacob, set his Word firmly in Israel, Then commanded our parents to teach it to their children So the next generation would know, and all the generations to come— Know the truth and tell the stories so their children can trust in God, Never forget the works of God but keep his commands to the letter.


Psalm 78:1-4
 Listen, dear friends, to God's truth, bend your ears to what I tell you. I'm chewing on the morsel of a proverb; I'll let you in on the sweet old truths, Stories we heard from our fathers, counsel we learned at our mother's knee. We're not keeping this to ourselves, we're passing it along to the nextgeneration— God's fame and fortune, the marvelous things he has done.



FRUITS...this is two out of the many young adults/teenagers, that I am watching serve our LORD without holding back....it does a mama's heart good:)

0 comments:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile