Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, January 15, 2012

My heart is full
















As I sit in bed tonight and write, my heart is full. I am SO proud of our children. They have worked hard, played hard, and loved well on this trip. They have been so uninhibited. They haven't been fearful. One of them replied "the more dirt that they have on them, the cuter they are!!" They have been hands ON, heart filled, Lovin' with all that they have!

We started our day by organizing all of the food that we bought yesterday. We had everyone do a different job in getting it ready for distribution. it was SO EXCITING! the thought of taking all of this food to people who have NOTHING was so fun. The joy on my children's faces as they packed the bags with rice, beans, vegetables, seasonings, oil, etc....was PRICELESS. It IS truly more blessed to give than receive.

Then came the fun part....DELIVERING the food to the people in Mt Olivos. As we pulled into the village, they gathered chairs and brought them to the new community center that Ty and Rhonda just built. We sang praise and worship songs, Ty encouraged them to stick together and with team work, hard labor, and CHRIST..they could accomplish MUCH. As we passed out the bags to the families, the expression on their faces will be forever imprinted in my mind. The lines on their faces tell a story. A hard life that has been lived. I'm sure parts of their lives are unfathomable to most of us. I am so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to love these people as HE loves them. Strangers to my eyes, but family in my heart.


After we had passed out the food and clothes, they wanted to show us the well when it is turned on. The generator is hooked up twice a day for them to get the clean water that they need. Today, they turned it on, and it started overflowing! 100% PURE water falling from the top of the well like manna straight from heaven. The children started squealing, running around, jumping in it...a true celebration!
On the final and climactic day of the Feast, Jesus took his stand. He cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says." I feel as though I watched this verse lived out in person today. Our prayer is that this village will come to know Christ through their new homes and clean water.



1 comments:

paige said...

so amazing!!! every detail, beautiful powerful & so amazing!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile