Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, December 5, 2010

All I Really Want For Christmas Music Video


I love this song...Christmas is such a bittersweet season for me. I ABSOLUTELY love to be at home, with a fire built, Christmas tree lights glowing, all PILED up on our couch each night watching the "25 days til' Christmas countdown" movies with my family! What would Christmas be like without children? B.O.R.I.N.G. I wish everybody on earth could feel the excitement the oozes from the cracks of my house these days! Everybody would want 7 children. It is so much fun. I am SO blessed.

It is unfathomable that while there is so much joy in my home, for so many it is the most lonely time of their life. How can our Savior's birth be such a despairing time? His birth is just another reminder of all the He did for us, and WILL do for us. Yet, it is such a sad time for so many?! If everybody would love/serve just ONE other person this season. just one. love somebody. serve somebody. just ONE.....
I really think that our sweet Savior desires this from us. He actually demands this of us, and when we do not do it, his heart aches for us. He aches for us because He knows that if we would just take a few minutes to think about ONE other person, then our hearts would be full of joy. I'm not talking about your children or your husband/wife. We serve those around us on a daily basis. I'm thinking about just some random person. serve somebody....love somebody....just one. Stop with the hustle and bustle, put down all of your lists, and serve or love somebody.

Things I want for Christmas:

1) For the 147 million children with no mommy or daddy to have someone to just rub a hand across their face and tell them how beautiful they are. Maybe even give them a bath or wash their hair.
2)every 15 seconds another child becomes orphaned by AIDS...that was Josie Love.....love one, serve JUST one
3)Every DAY 5,760 more children become orphans....love one, serve one...JUST ONE

4) Every YEAR 2,102,400 more children become orphans (in Africa alone)...staggering to me....serve just ONE

5) Every DAY 38,493 children AGE OUT of the orphanage...they will be turned out into the streets...with NOTHING....60% of the girls are lured into prostitution,70% of the boys become hardened criminals....love ONE...just one

If we all just think about/serve/love just one extra person today..there will be no loneliness in the world this Christmas season....wouldn't that be nice?






6 comments:

Jim and April said...

thank suzanne for the stats...they completely break my heart! Would you mind if I used them on my blog/facebook sometime?

Miss Janet said...

I have shared God's kindness and love to several strangers today. He is THE BLESSING!

Love,

janet

www.homeward4.blogspot.com
www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

Dee said...

Beautiful post. Truly expresses how I feel inside. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Mother Theresa said, "When I look at the masses, I do nothing. When I look at the one, I act." Love how you give the statistics, then boil it down to the simplest denominator -- just one! Beautiful post!

Karly said...

Hi Suzanne,

That video is beautiful! However, I completely understand how bittersweet Christmas can be. I have followed your blog for a long time now, but I've never commented before. I've been a lurker. :) My husband and I are just beginning the process of adopting our first little one from Uganda and I can't tell you how much of an encouragement your blog has been to me! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Blessings, Karly

Christie said...

Oh so true...dear Suzanne...so true

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile