Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A smile goes a LONG way




After my last post I just decided that i am going to smile. After all, who can get beaten down with a smile on their face? Now, I am going to admit PUBLICLY (in my flesh) that my smile might be a little sarcastic. I might be thinking down deep "sorry for you that you are missing the blessing that I receive each and every day from these sweet children that the Lord has given me!" But, at least I am smiling huh?!?! AND a smile goes a LONG way.

I read a quote the other day that said "Today it is very fashionable to talk about the poor. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them." WOW! that is such a true statement. How many "humanitarian" projects do we have going on? I bet if we were to do a poll of the people that live in other places that are poverty stricken, they would say that they would rather have people come in and TALK and TOUCH them than anything else. I know this to be true because of the trips that I have taken to Africa, these people want to be held, touched, looked in the eye. They are STARVING for love. Josie Love is a prime example of thriving from "hands on" attention and love. The child was 4 YEARS OLD and never walked. She was home ONE WEEK and was walking all over my house calling her siblings by name!! Most people call that a miracle, I call it LOVE.

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Mike and I decided after our first trip to Uganda that we were changing our "vacation" mindset. If we can save for the beach, camping, snow skiing, or whatever else that we might go and do...then we can put money away for our family to take mission trips. We saw our two oldest children be TRANSFORMED in 10 days last time that we went. Jump aboard a church planned trip, send out letters to raise funds for your trips,(people LOVE to give towards a life changing trip!) Be in prayer over where the Lord would have you go and that He would provide for your trip....HE FUNDS WHAT HE FAVORS!!!

Go see, feel, and touch the thousands of others that are just like Josie Love.

AIDS has killed more than 25 million people since 1981- more than four Jewish holocausts or 22 Rwandan genocides

In 2005, every MINUTE there were 10 newly infected people worldwide.

Africa has 12 million AIDS orphans

43% of those infected with HIV are women.

There are 40.3 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide, a 1/3 are between the ages of 15-24

And, I just have to type this last line or my post wouldn't feel complete.

BRING ONE HOME! (giggle)


14 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Bravo :)!! I hope you have many many wonderful vacations in the future.

Unknown said...

These pictures are beautiful. You are very blessed :) I just love your blog.

Deb said...

I'm on it! :) Or at least trrryyying.... Love has amazing power -- particularly when it eminates from our Lord. Josie Love is a DOLL.
Blessing on you!

Shonni said...

YEA!!! Love this post!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW- I totally LOVE your outlook and attitude!!! AMEN! You make me giggle....because of your honesty, your truthfulness, and your humaness. Life is hard when people stink- not literally in their heart. I think you have the right idea...about vacations....hmmmmm.....love that idea!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Beautiful post.

Tracy said...

Sarcastic or not -- your smile always conveys your loving heart, sweet sister!! Love that quote!

jill funkhouser said...

Love your heart and smiles! Which mission trips did you take with the kids? Thanks!
Jill at www.campfunk.blogspot.com
My email is funk50@charter.net

Meyerdrk said...

Amen...great post Suzanne!

Adrienne said...

You rock girl! Keep the smiles coming. Your sweet Josie Love always makes me smile. I love your heart for the Lord and the way you convey your passion through your blog. Your family is beautiful. Praise God.

Summer said...

Hi Suzanne,
My name is Summer and I am in the process of adoption from Russia. I have a few questions that I think you might can help me with. If you have time (extra time, I guess) shoot me an email. God bless,
Summer summersims87@gmail.com
www.what-faith-can-do.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Brenda loves you so much. OUr Josie Love is going to school. How is she doing?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your blog looks awesome! Your children are beautiful. Grace is gorgeous, Michael is such an awesome young man, Annabelle is full of laughter, Miller anne has an awesome personality, Joshua is a warrior, Josie Love is an angel, and Caleb is a little saint. You are an awesome mom! keep it up!

Unknown said...

You have such an inspiring blog and your post is beautiful! We brought our daughter, Charlotte home from Ethiopia just over a year ago and are in the process of adopting twins from Ethiopia! I keep telling my husband that I may be "addicted" to adopting! It is such an amazing blessing - we're hoping for a referral any day, week or month now :)
Blessings.
J
www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
Beneath the Acacia Tree

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile