Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Only at Auntie Katie's....




We received our verbal ruling....YIPPEEEEEE! Now we are anxiously awaiting the written ruling. It never ceases to amaze me, as soon as we feel we have cleared one hurdle, we are faced with another one. AAAHHHHHH...the road of adoption. If I had not done this before, I think I would just turn and run the other direction. BUT I know what it is like to look into Joshua and Caleb's faces on a daily basis and see Jesus staring back at me! PRICELESS....redemption at it's finest. Those of you that HAVEN'T traveled the road of adoption, you ought to try it! (I just had to put a plug in there....I just can't help it...hahaha) I am getting so much accomplished here for Josie medically. We have seen the doctor that will be caring for her the next few months, started on 3 different meds, and she is bonding with Christine (her caregiver until I can return to bring her home) Life is good!
I MUST tell you guys about our day. After Katie and I took Josie to the doctor, Lori ( a sweet friend that i have met) had us over for the yummiest lunch. She has been such a blessing to our Brentwood circle that is here. After lunch Katie, Mary Pat, Renee, Dana, Asher, and I headed to the Karamajong village. We were greeted with the same yodeling as before, and the children chanting "Auntie Katie, Auntie Katie"....these people are a trip! The women were gathered with their beads that they had made..... we have A LOT of beads to sell people! So, we lined them all up, paid them for their beads and were headed back to the car. An older woman stopped Katie and started talking to her about her (obviously) sick child. She was curled into a fetal position and her eyes were bulging. Katie continued to talk, while the rest of us headed to the van. A few minutes later, Katie (the child whisperer) appears, carrying this convulsing child to Mary Pat's side and set her in her lap! Off to the hospital we go! We walked into the first hospital and they immediately took us to the back, the child was having one seizure after another. She acted as though each touch sent shooting pains through her body. We were all at a loss and had no idea how to respond, so we laid hands on this sweet child and called out to our sweet Saviour to heal her little body and show mercy on her. Her name is Gloria, she is seven years old, and absolutely pitiful. After they had cared for her as much as possible, they sent us to another hospital for the night. OBVIOUSLY the child needed to be admitted. We received the same treatment at the second place. They cleared the way for us and led us straight to the back. We were able to contact her auntie to come sleep with her..thank you Jesus. When she arrived, we went into town and bought them food and drink for the night. (hospitals give medical care, but no food...wow) Renee and I looked to each other several times with anticipation and wondering how do we even process all of this? Gloria seemed as though she might die right before our very eyes. Her Auntie told us that she had been this sick for two weeks. Thankfully, Katie showed up just in the knick of time.I am in awe over and over again at how Katie allows the Lord to use her EVERY moment of EVERY day. She is truly an inspiration. I really do not have enough words to explain all of the REAL details of this day. I have never experienced anything like it. I have watched God show up OVER and OVER again these past few weeks. Today was no exception!
We will go to visit Gloria in the morning to see how she is. Please lift her up tonight.
Thank you Lord for being ALWAYS being here for us...and thank you Katie for showing the rest of us what it is like to be the hands and feet of Jesus on a DAILY basis, NOT just when it is easy....

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news on the "verbal" ruling...whoever heard of that in the adoption world! lol...so glad to hear peace and happiness in your words...does my heart good! Sounds like you had just a regular old hum drum day in Uganda...hahaha. I am just in awe when I try to actually visualize what your eyes and heart are witnessing every moment that you are there...AWESOME!! Just in case you are wondering...I am so getting the bug to take a trip to Auntie Katie's....ssssshhhhhh...I looked on your FB page and saw a ton of pics that other people have posted...I have a couple (10 or so) precious little ones all picked out! Ani and Adelyn said they wanted a new baby...hahaha Just wanted to chat with you for a minute and tell ya that I am just so proud of you and I love ya sister!

Amy

da momma said...

yall are angels, praying for you, whitney terrell

Anonymous said...

I have to ask if Lori is the same lady that serves with Father's Divine Love Ministries outside of Jinja. I met her last October. Just curious.
thanks,
Duane Spangler
daspangler@frontiernet.net

Mike, London said...

Praying for all of you! Thank you Jesus for giving us Katie, Suzanne, Gwen and all the precious children.

Kelli B said...

I just found your blog. I am so amazed and brought to tears as I sit and read your posts, and the small insight i see of your journey towards adoption.

I would love it (when you return) to hear more about your story. My husband and I have a heart for adoption and cannot have children of our own, but we are waiting for God to open the right door for us with an opportunity.

I'd appreciate any insight you can offer! Your story is SO inspirational to me....

Jenn said...

I found your blog from Katies, and feel so blessed to of read it. I will now continue to follow it. The work of the Lord through Katie, and through everyone who is with her is just amazing. I will say prayers for you that the adoption continues on a positive path.

I am so determined to be able to adopt one day, but know that it isn't financially possible at this point in time. Hopefully, God willing, He will open that door. Until then, my prayers and thoughts are with you and everyone else who steps in to help take care of all Gods children.

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! I'm so blessed to read this post and tears fill my eyes looking at Katie carrying Gloria. You are all amazing women of God and being His hands and feet together. What a joy it is to be used so deeply by the one true and LIVING GOD!

Hugs and prayers for all of you!

Jill

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Oh how i need to be reminded of not just when it is easy! Praying for Gloria!!!!

Frances said...

Suzanne! I just read your post and am adopting also from Amani...not matched with a little one yet! I have a question...your friend Lori...does she know a girl named Amanda Hill?? My friend Amanda lived in Uganda for 4-6 months and has a wonderful friend in Jinja that she is going to connect us with named LORI! Could you find out if that is her????
My email is Frances@desertflowerministries.com. I would LOVE to know if you have met her!

Thrive!
Frances Worthington

Andrea said...

Wow! What a day! Prayers for Gloria as well as for your paperwork to be approved quickly!
Blessings
Andrea

Beautiful Mess said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to call one of God's beloved's by name as we pray: Gloria!

Amy said...

Yeah I will keep praying! You guys are such an inspiration- so blessed to watch and pray along this journey with you. Amy

Renee Click said...

O my goodness what a post! I so wish I were there! Amy and I have been talking you know and we are ready to go with you! I am so excited about your ruling, that is wonderful! We will keep rpaying for you all and that Josie continues to get better! Glad you are bringing more beads home, I have a list of people waiting! LOL!!!! Take care!
Love ya,
Renee

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Katie truly is an inspiration. Thank you for allowing us to walk with her here on your blog.
Praying for you and for your sweet Josie. I have an adopted Josie of my own, adopted from China. We call her Josie-Tatum! She is a delight! I pray you are soon delighted with your Josie in your arms at home in America!
Robbie

Unknown said...

i came over to your site from katies...have been following her ministry for a while now...i will be praying for you all! We are missionaries in mexico and have 2 girls who have lived with us for the past yr and a half, but it is virtually impossible to adopt in mexico...we are praying to help them as long as we can! God bless!

florence said...

"How beautiful when humble hearts give the fruit of their lives so that others may live." Twila Paris

Maggie Pelton said...

I found Katie's blog last week and found yours tonight. I've spent all night reading from start to finish and am in utter amazement at how God is using your family. I will be praying for your family and your precious Josie.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know i can hardly stand it ... i want to be there so badly ... i am so proud of you all and prayed for Gloria all day today ... I love how young sweet Katie leads us all ...

The Ferrill's said...

Oh I most certainly will lift up Gloria to the One who is able!
We are praying for you all...it sounds like the Lord is answering our prayers for favor for your family! Praise Him! One step closer...and how wonderful Josie has a sweet bond with her caretaker! God is in every detail for sure! Thank you Jesus!

Tonya Brown said...

I seriously just keep asking God if you ladies are real. If I ever meet you three (you know who you are!) and I start poking you, don't mind me... just checkin!!

On a serious note, yeah for Josie Love's case moving forward and Praise God that He is still a healing, providing, all knowing, meeting-our-every-need Father!

Praying for y'all night and day and adding sweet Gloria. Keep claiming those babies--call them by name and shame the devil! Lord of Lords... what an amazing, truly crazy amazing and awesome God we serve.

Hugs from Arizona!

Kristin said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to pray...for Josie, for court rulings, for Gloria, for Katie, for you!

May God open his hand and satisfy each and every need for today.

Christie said...

I truly have no words...just tears...

praying

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the verbal ruling!
I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Mama in Uganda said...

I am Summer. I was the white lady that sat behind you at your court ruling. I am praising the Lord with you for finding favor. And asking the Lord to work out all the details that lay before you and for healing for your precious little girl.

Jessica said...

I'm over from Katie's site and just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and your family during this "waiting" period. I actually live across the street from Mr. and Mrs. Mayernick and we are in choir together at church. What a special precious couple they are! I will be checking in often now that I know you have your own site. You are doing an amazing thing and we'll be praying!!

Jessica

emily said...

Incredible! Love you so..........

drea said...

Thank you for sharing this touching story. I am a little confused however. Are you there now adopting this sweet little girl?

And how can we from this side of the screen help. We are in the adoption process again for the 5th time. We have 6 kids at home and are getting ready to go to Ehtiopia to pick up the other 3! I love the bead thing, can we put that on our blogs? Is there other things we can do?
Blessings to you in this wonderful adventure.

Emily said...

I have never laid eyes on a single one of you - but I sit in a puddle of tears everytime I open this site. My heart just breaks for the faces I see - yet is filled with joy when I see the video with that beautiful smile (of course joy means 'more tears'). Nothing really to say.....just more tears..........

Jean said...

There is a painting that hangs outside my front door that I love.(TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE GOD.) Auntie Katie,Suzanne and all others THANK YOU, without a dout that is what each one of you do daily.You have taught our hearts to see and what soldiers of God y'all are.Gloria,Josie and all children and Karamajong village will be in my prayers always. Praying Gods Kingdom will be here soon to end suffering and to live as one with God. Suzanne God be with you on your trip home. Love to you and Mike and the kiddos,see you in July

MommyBrec said...

Congratulations on your good news! So happy for your family! I am really struck by the dignity, the patience, the spirituality your family has shown as you have traveled this journey to bring home Josie Love. Even as hard times have befallen you, even as you have wept, you have been strong and faithful! I am so impressed with you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to update us on Katie. What an amazing young woman!!!!!! Thank you for posting the pictures. Her face shines with the love of Christ. As she is looking upon that sweet little girl...as she is carrying her in her arms...there is something so touching about the look on Katie's face. So full of compassion and Christ-like love. Thank you for sharing that story and for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Suz,

I look so forward to checking your blog daily for new updates. SO glad to hear that you have cleared the verbal approval hurdle. Katie may be an inspiration to you but you are an inspiration to me. What you guys are doing is truly contagious! The East TN contingent will continue to pray for you.

On a more serious note, I'm going to keep you love of Cold Stone Creamery from Kaye Kaye and "Mup" - you have way too many Baskin-Robbins chocolate chip milkshakes in your past! They would be happy to treat Josie to some REAL ice cream when she arrives in Tennessee! :) Love ya lots!

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing the details of this God-filled journey! I am so grateful for the way the Saviour keeps pouring into you and you are sensing His presence. Hurry Home!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile