Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, November 4, 2012

when fear creeps in....

Hello blog world!   it's been too long..i am going to try and do better.  the truth is, there hasn't been much to say. Day to day gets hectic and the last thing i want to do is open my computer once i get everyone in the bed at night.  I'll admit, I am the worst blogger EVER!

 I went to the SHOW HOPE fundraiser last night and cried most of the night.  Frances Chan spoke, and BROUGHT IT.  They had the cutest little boy from China named YOYO come on stage and sing AMAZING GRACE.   I closed my eyes and felt as though I was at heavens gates.

Finally, the Wright family came on stage.  Several years ago, Rebekah Wright emailed me and told me that she and her husband were feeling called to adopt. Their hearts were being tugged towards domestic.  I walked alongside her through their process, and watched them bring home precious little baby Caleb.  We all go to the same school, so I have been able to watch Caleb go from a newborn to a lively toddler.  This year, they ventured to China and brought home Isaac.  His story isn't as "cute and cuddly" as bringing home a newborn.  He was at Maria's big House of Hope.  Issac can't walk, when not in his wheelchair, he pulls himself around by his upper body.  He has a HUGE smile pasted on his face each and every day as she is bringing him into school.  Rebekah asked the audience "if fear and money were not an issue, would you adopt?"  Tears started streaming down my cheeks, as I thought about the paralyzing fear that consumed me when the doctor told me that Josie had TB and HIV.   It started ringing in my ears.."fear and money, fear and money, fear and money."

Genesis 15:1
[ The LORD’s Covenant With Abram ] After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. ”
Genesis 46:3
“I am God, the God of your father,” he said. “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.

Deuteronomy 3:22
Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you.”

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”


There are MANY verses telling us not to fear...He will provide.  

As Steven Curtis Chapman led us in singing.  I stood there with my eyes closed praying that HE would remove all fear in His body of Christ.  Think of what we could accomplish with no fear in our lives. Adoption aside, think of everything else that we could do for the glory of Christ if we had absolutely NO FEAR!   
No fear = FAITH

If we just had FAITH without FEAR, think of what we could do for the kingdom of Christ. 
Matthew 6:30
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?

Matthew 8:26
He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”


I have been anxious about the amount of money that 147 Million Orphans is trying to raise for the medical clinic in Haiti.  $200,000. is a LOT of money.  I am turning it over to HIM, RIGHT NOW.  He WILL provide, for he loves those kiddos more than I do! 

Fear completely paralyzes our FAITH. 


This is the site for our clinic......I WILL NOT BE PARALYZED!  Let's do this!!



3 comments:

Addison said...

Wow, Suzanne. Thanks for this post. I've been finding myself fearful a lot these last couple months. "Fearful" shows up in my vocabulary as "worried" or "stressed," but I think it's the same thing. Thanks for the reminder that, in all things, God is in control. I'll pray for me (and for you) that God takes away fear, and lets faith guide our actions. Those are going to end up being the better actions to choose anyway.

Naomi said...

Oh how this spoke to me! Thank you!!! We were at the Show Hope event last year and wished we could have been there again this year because it sounds like it was wonderful. We heard the Wright family's testimony last year and they were getting ready to adopt Isaac. How amazing to hear that he is home. I wished I could have heard her share but thank you for sharing about the night. We have adopted from China and are hoping to travel to court soon to Uganda to adopt again and I have been so much more afraid this time about so many things but finances have been one of them! I am going to tuck those scriptures into my heart!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Love your honesty!

**I have to say I did chuckle just a bit when you said the Wright family.... :)

Love this....and probably going to "steal it" when we have our church mtg Nov 13th about adoption and foster care!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile