Helping you help 147 million...

147 Million Orphans

Followers

147 Million Orphans Blog

how many hits?

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, October 2, 2009

Perspective



When you are back on ground level, you can face your circumstances from a humble perspective. If you choose supernatural responses this time-trusting and thanking Me-you will experience My unfathomable Peace....Jesus Calling for today.

So, I am sitting in the Amsterdam airport waiting for my connecting flight, and feel as though I am back on "ground level." It wasn't until now, that I was able to look back on the past 3 weeks and realize just how exhausted (mentally, emotionally, and physically) that I truly am. Renee has been laughing at me. I am in COMPLETE lala land. I slept the ENTIRE 8 hour flight, she had to wake me up to tell me we were landing. We have a 3 hour layover so I thought I would give a little recap of some of my time in Uganda.

I promised some of you guys that follow Katie's blog (Renee Click) that I would post some pictures that go along with some of her stories. Here is a picture of Michael. To jog your memory.....he is the little boy that Katie and Ben brought back to Katie's to nurse him back to health. He was so malnourished that his hair was white and had open wounds on his feet. how cute is he?


She also told the story of how ill Patricia was when her mother brought her to Katie. She had been sleeping atop a trash pile in her mud hut. Patricia's mom collects plastic to sell for money. She keeps all of the trash that she finds in her house with a lock on the door, so no one will take it. This is her primary means of money.





I bought a book on the lugandan language at the airport yesterday. I think I might have a bit to learn.I have had Josie Love with me most of the week transitioning her from Amani to being with Christene. I have been changing her diapers, bathing,and feeding her since Monday. It is really neat to see the connnection between Christene and Josie. Their communication is so sweet...mostly in Lugandan.Yesterday, after doing our last bit of paperwork in Kampala, I handed Josie Love to Christene. Christene exchanged a few words with her (none of which I understood). Christene quickly excused herself and said that Josie needed to go to the restroom........RESTROOM? WHAT? BUT SHE IS NOT POTTY TRAINED?!?!?! Amy (Amani's adoption coordinator) said "she is potty trained, they always put them on the potty after meals, she CAN use the restroom". We laughed and laughed. Hence, the reason to buy a book on the Lugandan language. LOVE MY LIFE!
Mary Pat and I have decided that Katie needs a LARGER vehicle. Preferably one that is four wheel drive, since it is inevitable that she is going to get stuck each time she enters that villages. Is there such a thing as a 4 wheel drive 15 passenger van? How do this many people fit in one NORMAL size toyota van? This is Sunday morning, on our way to church.....



Here are a few of Katie's girls in their 147 Million Orphans tees ready for bedtime. I LOVED seeing these girls sleep in our tees every night....

9 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Wow! Thank you for the update and all the pics.

Praying for you as you return to the states. God bless you!

Jen

Renee Click said...

Wow, Suz! You make me laugh and cry all at the same time! Thanks so much for all the updates, I look forward to hearing more! I am so glad you are getting to come home and I looking forward to you going back! (hint, hint) You are such an inspiration, I can't tell you how many people I have told "the story" to. I am having so much! Get home and get rested and I will talk to you soon!
Much love,
Renee

Janel said...

Beautiful pictures and stories! I just found your blog a week ago, and I am literally so excited to read each new post! My husband and I are 1 year into an international adoption in Ghana, Africa, so it has been encouraging to join other adoption stories through blogging. :) And it is such a bonus that you can give insight with a Christian perspective. I really enjoy that part! Thanks for sharing your story on the blog!

Kristin Laughlin said...

Suzanne,

Oh how I am praying for that peace that surpasses all understanding to guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus as you land here in the U.S. So thankful that if you had to leave Josie Love with anyone....it would be with sweet Christine! How I fell in love with that girl during my visit this summer!

Thank you for the pictures too....Michael looks like he is doing much better since I was there. And I totally agree on the van need! I think at one point when I was there with Steve, Brad and Ben, we had 23 in the van.....and yes it got stuck a number of times!

Hope you get some good rest and enjoy being reunited with the rest of your family. Praying you get to return soon for Josie and have your WHOLE family in one place soon.

MommyBrec said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!!!! I want to jump up and down with joy, I want to cry for the suffering, and I want to Praise Jesus and Heavenly Father for their goodness, for Katie, for you, for EVERYONE who loves and helps Katie! Thank you for the pictures! Katie's family is just beautiful! Michael is so sweet!

Thank you so, so much!

Travel safely

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story!

Anonymous said...

I have to wonder why there is no recognition for the wonderful baby home Josie Love came from. They worked tirelessly to care for her before you arrived. Did you spend any time there with her getting to know her and her schedule? They do the same things Katie does and suffer the same struggles. They need your love and support just as much

Auntie Amanda said...

I can't say enough how much I love seeing how Josie's flourishing, hearing how she's bonded with Christine, and hearing about Katie's girls. I'm willing to help you learn some Luganda too! I dont know much but I wrote down a lot of phrases the Mamas taught me, and I have a dictionary too, maybe it's different than yours and we can even combine them :)

Tanya Robinson said...

I want to ask about ordering a large number of shirts for Orphan Sunday, but I can't get the email button to work on my MAC. Can you please email me? wearealladopted@gmail.com

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My Photo
suzanne
I am a lover of Jesus. I have the most fabulous husband that anyone woman could ask for. The Lord has blessed us with 7 beautiful children. I started this blog so that friends and family could follow our trip to Uganda to visit Katie Davis. I have decided to keep blogging to help bring orphan awareness to the world around me.
View my complete profile